10. I don't have time. Each of us has the same amount of time in any given day. It is up to us to use it wisely or choose to waste it. Here's a secret how to have time to do what you need to do.
9. I forgot. Ever hear of a day timer, a calendar, alarm on your phone, message to self? I am a list maker - as soon as I have a job to do, it goes on the list. When it is done, it is crossed off. Kind of a No Brainer.
8. I was interrupted. What? You can't do two things at once? You don't know how to say no to something lower on the priority list?
7. I don't know how. Can you read? Do you know how to Google an answer or better yet, ask for help?
6. I'm too busy. I love this one because it usually follows with a full explanation which is merely a longer list of excuses. I find that people who use this excuse usually spend more time explaining why they are too busy to do a job then it would actually take to finish it - a terrific time waster when you don't want to do something.
5. I have more important things to do. Then why did you take on the job in the first place?
4. I changed my mind. Do you have a problem with commitment?
3. I got sick. That might slow you down but that does not mean you can't finish the job later.
2. I had car trouble. This one always works - no one can prove otherwise.
And the best excuse I have ever heard is......
1. I'm afraid of failure. If you don't try, you will never know if you can do it or not. And if you fail, so what? Try, try again. You can't be a Victor without a battle! This is how you win!
I ask you....what is the best excuse you have heard or the best one you have ever given?
Photos courtesy of Flickr.com