Dogs make me laugh -- every single day. When you learn to speak 'dog' they will tell you what you want to hear -- "I love you. I have always loved you. I will always love you. Nothing else matters."
A bachelor friend of ours loves dogs as much as we do and has always maintained it is easier to date a woman and come home to his four-legged furry friend than to be married. WHAT?
Admit it -- I bet some of you have thought that. And here are some reasons why.......
1. The later you come home, the more excited the dog is to see you. You don't have to have an excuse or an explanation. Giving a dog a pat on the head and a treat will make them forget you were ever gone at all.
|Nayla, Rocky, Charlie (in diaper) and Kei|
2. Dogs don't care if you call them by another name. They probably won't even notice. The tone of your voice tells them you care about them above any other dog. And if food is part of the equation.....nothing else matters.
3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor. They don't care if the house is tidy or if you left your dirty underwear on the floor. In fact, they like it.
4. A dog's parents NEVER visit. 'Nuf said.
5. Dogs like it if you raise your voice. As long as you are paying them attention, that's all that matters.
6. You NEVER have to wait for a dog to get ready. Say the word, and they are ready to go 24/7.
7. If you have had too much to drink, dogs find that amusing. If you fall asleep on the floor, even better. They can sleep on you or the dirty underwear you left there the day before.
8. Dogs like to go hunting and fishing. They don't need to pack much for the trip, are happy to sleep outside and the great outdoors is one big toilet.
|William fishing with Charlie|
9. A dog will never wake you up in the middle of the night to ask that burning question. "If I die, how long will you wait before getting another dog?"
10. If a dog has babies you don't have to take care of them. You can put an ad in the paper and give them away.
11. A dog will allow you to put a studded collar or harness on him without calling you a pervert.
12. If a dog smells another dog on you when you come home late, they don't get mad. They find it interesting.
13. Dogs love riding in the back of a pick-up truck. They never think of it as an insult.
14. If a dog ever leaves, they don't demand half your stuff.
15. If you burp or pass gas, dogs actually come closer and WANT to share in the experience!
15. Dogs P R E F E R it if you leave the toilet seat up. 'Nuf said!
Photos courtesy of:
radberryl.tumblr.com, quotesgram.com, rodnbarrel.com, kingfamilypets.com, memes.com, rover.com