As we get older, we are supposed to get wiser. However,I don't get it -- unless you can enlighten me.
1) Stickers on cars that read "Precious Cargo On Board." In other words, if you were considering slamming into the back of my car STOP RIGHT THERE. There is a baby on board and you could hurt him. With all the weirdos in the world, why would I want to advertise that I have a baby in the car?
2) Why I can't ask more people to be my friends on Facebook. My mom taught me to be nice, especially to people who may not have many friends. "You could ask them to be your friend" she would tell me. I did that once and the girl said "No, that's okay."
I asked ten people to be my friend on Facebook one day and I was sent to Facebook jail for 30 days and my account was frozen. My mom would be upset.
3) Why is there a limit to the number of people I can have in my Google+ circles? Yesterday I was told that I had reached my limit of people in my circles; and if I wanted to add any more, I would have to delete some. Well, that's not very nice now, is it?
4) People who are cruel to animals. I believe this is the biggest mystery of all. Many of you know how much I love animals and have had my share of rescue dogs. This is what I have learned about dogs.
They do not care what you look like so they will never make fun of you for that.
They love to spend time with you and would do anything for those opportunities.
They love to play with you.
They welcome you when you come in the door like it is the first time they have seen you in months - even if you have only been gone for a few minutes.
They are grateful for whatever you choose to feed them.
They know when you are hurting and will lick your tears and cuddle.
And, when you hurt them, they will still love you.
There are many more I could add to this list but suffice it to say, they only want to LOVE and yet some people can hurt, maim, starve or neglect these wonderful creatures.
DO YOU AGREE?
5) People who get annoyed with, ignore and complain about their mothers. Mothers are people. They make mistakes. When I hear a grown woman complain about their mother I ask them "Would you rather she not be here at all?" My mom died when I was 19. I would give almost anything to spend a day with her - even if infringed on my life. She is my mother.
6) People who don't like pizza. I'll never get it. I think I could live on pizza for a long time. It can have all the food groups represented, can be as spicy as you want it to be, and it has CHEESE! Heck, my favorite is Taco Pizza and it even has a salad on top.
7) Why is there only one shoe on the highway? Whenever I travel I always see one shoe on the highway - NEVER two. Where is the other one? Was there an accident and the ambulance took one and left the other? Who throws away one shoe?
8) Why men can't figure out which way to hang the toilet paper. I realize that many of them do not know how to hang it at all; but when they do, they always get it wrong.
9) Why people put empty ice cube trays in the freezer. Do they think that the trays will automatically fill up during the night so that when you want some ice, viola - it magically appears?
10) Why is Common Sense so uncommon? 'Nuff said.
11) I don't get Awareness Campaigns. Now before you get angry at me, hear me out. I was having lunch the other day and there was a placard on the table announcing it was National Bullying Awareness Day. I don't think there is anyone in the civilized world who is unaware of the problem of bullying. Either they or their child has been a victim or knows someone who has been.
To me, this is like giving recognition to all the bullies out there -- they get their own day to be celebrated. Or is it more of a campaign to help those who are being bullied to stand up to bullies? Can you honestly convince me that any bully will stop bullying because of a campaign? Enlighten me here please because I do not understand.
12) Protests. This goes along with the awareness campaign. Rarely, if ever, have I seen where a protest is successful. Recently many people stood on soapboxes and shouted to the world NOT to see Fifty Shades of Grey. It sure helped sales skyrocket. If there is something that appalls me or if there is a battle to fight, I do something about it. Standing with a group of people screaming or even a silent protest -- really, what does it accomplish?
13) Bloggers who use profanity or gross language in their posts. There is a place for strong language and can be an effective tool. However, some bloggers use it regularly and is annoying. Whenever I read this, I assume they have a very limited vocabulary and I move on without reading or commenting. GROW UP.
13 1/2) Why do we always pack more in our suitcase than we need? I sorta get it and after decades of attempts, I have been able to get it down to using about 93% of what I take.
Now it is your turn -- send me your answers to these questions -- can't wait for the education.