I have just been nominated for a Liebster Award by Anupam Joseph. She is relatively new to the blogging community with an eagerness to write and share her thoughts. She has shown her appreciation for my blog which I believe is a great honor to be 'found' by someone new to this world of blogging. Thank you Anupam. Please have a look at her blog and give her some support.
Anupam posed some unique questions and here are my answers
1. What does writing mean to you?
I started writing poetry in elementary school as a way to express my pain. As a teenager I wrote as a way to express love. When I wrote my memoir, it was a way to reach out to people who have gone through a lot and may think they are alone. I wanted to show them that no matter what happens to you, with the right attitude, you will not just survive, but thrive. There has always been a great amount of emotion surrounding my writing and that is also my motivation to continue.
2. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be?
I think it would be to turn the clock back 50 years, when life was not as complex. It was a time when we communicated more (without smartphones!), helped others more, and had more time to do the things we wanted to do.
3. Given a chance to be born again, what or who would you like to become?
No one that I can think of -- there are many people that I respect and admire but I couldn't imagine being anyone else.
4. What do you think is harder to write? a funny story or a serious piece?
I think it is harder to get humor across when you are writing. I have no trouble getting a room full of people laughing and I do it all the time as a pubic speaker. But if I put those same words on the page, they do not come across the same. On the other hand, writing serious pieces is easy.
5. Who is the most influential person in your life?
I think that would be my brother. I have never met anyone who has survived so much and is so strong. His attitude is remarkable and I am so proud of him and the man he has become. He always tells me like it is - doesn't pull any punches and let's me know when I have messed up.
6. What is one thing which you wish you had but you don't ?
More children. When I was in my twenties I was told I would never have children and that I only had two years to live. It took a couple decades to prove the doctors wrong but I always wished I could have had children younger so that I could have had more.
7. What is your biggest strength?
God is the source of my strength and without Him I never would have survived half of what I have had to overcome.
8. If you could ask God for one favor, what would it be?
It would be to have one day with my parents, who died when I was young.
9. Have you ever felt tongue tied in front of your crush?
I have been married for 42 years. I can't remember ever being tongue-tied but I know he certainly was in front of me!
10. According to you what is life?
Life is precious - don't waste it.
Here are the rules for the award:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post
- Answer 11 questions by whoever nominated you
- Ask 11 new questions to 5 - 10 bloggers with less than 300 followers - do NOT re-nominate the blog that nominated you
- Go to their blogs and tell them they have been nominated
- HAVE FUN
Inderpreet Kaur Uppal
Here are my questions to them:
1. What five words best describe you?
2. What is your passion?
3. What is your coveted job?
4. It has been stated that we influence at least seven people in our lifetime. Can you think of one person who you know you have had a major impact on their life?
5. What type of cooking do you love to eat but not cook?
6. What is your absolute favorite movie from last year?
7. What book have you read more than once and would recommend?
8. What is the style of furnishings in your home? Contemporary, Antique or ?
9. Who influenced your career choice?
10. This one is so important -- it tells people all about yourself - What is your FAVORITE FLAVOR of ice cream?
11. Why did you start blogging?
Here are 11 facts you may not know about me:
- I am the Queen of Organization and Multi-tasking. No challenge too great or too small.
- My motto has served me well for over 40 years - "DO IT RIGHT....DO IT NOW!" My father instilled this in me.
- After 10 long years of writing, I launched my memoir, Battered Hope, last year
- Love to cook ethnic foods - I am a great cook; an even better baker
- I have been self-employed since the 1970's
- I am the most patient person in the world AND the most impatient person in the world
- I never met a dog I did not like
- I own and manage 3 businesses
- My greatest passion is public speaking
- Have been a health coach for 35 years - was given 2 years to live - 40 years ago
- I NEVER give up and NEVER quit until the job is done